Wednesday, July 8, 2009

STILL THREE

Saturday, March 1, 2008



Simply Me.
Trapped inside this web of lies
Too far lost in my own mind
I will follow where you lead
Although I've tried I can't succeed.
My heart is entwined with thorns and vines
Confusion grows with every line
My spirit lifts away from me
Tangled in mist which cannot be seen.
Corrupted by immoral expectation
Don't come to my life without invitation
The things you say are so discreet
Though you never think before you speak
Courageously you approach my feet
I have no strength, you make me weak.
I want to forgive you
But I cannot feel
You've sunk to deep
I cannot heal.
Inside my secrets are concealed
It burns to see you face
I want to hide from everything
And no longer be disgraced.
I only wish you could understand
The feelings I have for you
The calm I feel when I hold your hand
Longing to know the truth.
You cannot change who I am
Nor what I've become
Label me as you wish
But I'm not the only one.
Falling faster from your grace
You don't know what it's like
You'll never know the real me
Only my stereotype.
Don't quote me as someone you've known before
Or someone you've seen on TV
I'm not the girl you think I am
I'm who I want to be.
Someone you'll never understand
With my own individuality
I'm the one you've always dread
I am simply me.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment